Fitness is not just about exercising in consistent basis. There are varieties of components and in fact a variety of ways that can be measured. If you have best understanding about fitness, you can easily address the important aspects of your life which impact your fitness directly. Based on the report released by Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, fitness is described as the ability to perform your daily chores with alertness and optimal vigour without fatigue. The ability to perform your activities with higher energy level and responding to emergencies promptly is what fitness means. So, based on this information fitness is the process that involves everything from performing CPR to getting on bed and even hiking. In a bid to complete all these tasks you are required to continuously address your fitness levels and this is why proper conditioning is necessary which can be done with structured workouts and leisurely activities.
What are the Prime Components of Fitness?
Based on the sources the components of fitness usually vary significantly and some of the common components of fitness are mentioned below.
- Muscular Strength – This is the fitness that is measured by how much weight you can be moved in regards to the repetitions. The workout sessions involves multiple joints as well as muscle groups like bench press, squats and others.
- Cardio-respiratory Endurance – It is mainly measured by how long and quick the person can perform their activities and how it impacts the measurements like the oxygen consumption and heart rate.
- Muscular Endurance – This is actually measured by how many repetitions a person can do with their workout process and to test and measure this common sit ups and push-ups are performed by the person.
- Flexibility – It is mainly measured by how far the muscle group you can stretch and the joints can be moved and for testing this users are required to perform exercises that involve shoulders and hamstrings.
- Muscular Power – This is measured by how much force the users can create while performing their activities and equipments that are used to measure this is biomechanists that offers precise muscular power measurement
- Speed – This is actually measured by how fast the person can move from one point to another and to measure this typical 40-yard dash is used which gives the rate of speed achieved by the users.
- Balance – This is basically measured by how long the person can hold in a particular position with or without any kind of activities or while performing an activity. To test the level of balance the person can achieve us by standing on one leg which is important to assess the balance. Some of the other advanced test includes standing on unsteady object and practicing to catch a ball.
- Body Composition – This is actually the amount of fat deposited in body versus the other tissues like skin, bone and muscles. It is measured with the help of a variety of devices and tests. The simple test that is done to measure the fat composition is mathematical equations or the callipers. Some of the advanced test that are done to measure the fat composition include underwater weighing measurement.
How Heart Health Chances with Fitness Workouts?
The efficiency of your heart improvises and your heart changes in functioning with persistent training. According to surveys, with different types of activities the heart changes in subtly different manner. There are a variety of workout regimes which can increase the overall size of your heart. However, there are significant different between the strength athletes like football players and endurance athletes like rowers. It has been observed that the heart of the endurance athletes expands left and right ventricles, but the in strength athletes the heart wall thickens mainly in the left ventricle.
Different Types Fitness Exercises!
- Aerobic Fitness – This is the type of fitness regime where the ability of your cardiovascular system is enhanced to maximize the supply of energy during physical activities like running and biking. This is the type of fitness regime that offer several health benefits like reduced risk for heart attacks, high blood pressure, stroke, cancers and type 2 diabetes.
- Bone Strengthening Fitness Training – This is the type of exercise which involves weight bearing activities and the prime focus is to produce the required forces on bone and it is important for the growth of adults and children. The force is created by the impact with ground and this results in bone development.
- Flexibility Training – This is the ability of joints to move with a full range of motion. The exercises involve stretching exercises and it can be the best way to increase the overall flexibility.
These are the simple fitness regime that you are required to perform in order to enhance your overall performance and fitness levels.